Quantifiers on Roles
Created on March 9, 2013, 8:39 p.m. by Hevok
& updated by
on May 2, 2013, 5:31 p.m.
One distinguishes between a
Strict Binding which is expressed with universal Quantification and the
Open Binding which is expressed with an Existential Quantification.
The Strict Binding binds the Range of Role to a specific Class. On the other hand one has the open Binding also to the Range of a Role to a Class.
- Strict Binding of the Range of a Role to a Class
- Examination ⊑ ∀hasSupervisor.Professor
- An Examination must be supervised by a Professor
(∀x)(Examination(x) → ∀hasSupervisor(x,y) → Professor(y)))
- Open Binding of the Range of a Role to a Class
- Examination ⊑ ∃hasSupervisor.Person
- Every Examination has at least one supervisor (who is a person)
(∀x)(Examination(x) → (∃y)(hasSupervisor(x,y) Λ Person(y)))
Attribute Language with Complement
| See changes