3' variable number tandem repeat 3'APOB-VNTR
- Symbol: APOB
- Name: apolipoprotein B (including Ag(x) antigen)
- Entrez ID: 338
- Ensembl ID: ENSG00000084674
apolipoprotein B (including Ag(x) antigen)
Allele nomenclature refers to the number of_x000D_ repeats in the core sequence motif_x000D_. The alleles were grouped into three categories,small (S), medium (M) and large (L). the population sample was subdivided into 7 age-classes_x000D_. Not a simple cases-vs-controls study.As the age increases, there seems to be an increase and later a decrease in allelic frequecy, a parabolic change in frequency. I have no Idea how to curate their findings.
- Number of cases/controls:
No Age Effect
- Study type: Candidate Region/Gene
- Technology: Allele classification was performed by using the same allele ladder in each experiment. The ladder was obtained by PCR amplification of reference DNA samples containing 3'APOB-VNTR alleles of known size.
9759473: Age-related changes of the 3'APOB-VNTR genotype pool in ageing cohorts.
July 2, 2013, 2:47 a.m.
Aug. 8, 2014, 1:06 p.m.