VNTR (Variable Number of Tandem Repeats)
- Symbol: APOB
- Name: apolipoprotein B (including Ag(x) antigen)
- Entrez ID: 338
- Ensembl ID: ENSG00000084674
apolipoprotein B (including Ag(x) antigen)
Significant in females only. For females: P=0.003 vs. whole population; P=0.06 vs all controls; P=0.001 vs. male controls.
Age of cases:
mean age is 102 years
Shorter lived allele:
35 or more tandem repeats
- Number of cases/controls:
143 vs 158 (initial)
[P = 0.003]
- Study type: Candidate Region/Gene
- Technology: PCR-VNTR (variable number of tandem repeats)
9050915: DNA multiallelic systems reveal gene/longevity associations not detected by diallelic systems. The APOB locus.
July 2, 2013, 2:47 a.m.
Aug. 8, 2014, 1:06 p.m.